Monthly Nature Happenings
• June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
• Young groundhogs and raccoons emerge and venture out with their mothers.
• Crickets begin their nightly serenade.
• Bird migration is finished. Birds that are here now are summer residents that nest.
• As the month progresses, feeders can become busy with visiting parents and fledglings.
• House Wrens are nesting.
• Flycatchers are back.
• Wood Duck and Mallard ducklings hatch and venture forth early in the month.
• Canada Geese begin molting.
• Coreopsis and Butterfly Weed start blooming; they're great butterfly attractors.
• Trumpet Vine starts blooming; it's a great hummingbird attractor.